Re: Linux Emulation Status

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:10:09 -0800 (PST)

:      Well,
:            I am using stable, linux_base-8-8.0_4
:
:            The kernel was built Fri Nov 5 04:05:56 EST 2004
:
:                               Thanks,
:                                 John Duncan

    Ok, it looks like the issue is that linux_base-8 is trying to use
    some extended attribute syscalls which are marked unimplemented in
    DragonFly.

    They are also unimplemented in FreeBSD, but FreeBSD has a bunch of
    dummy procedures for them to make them return ENOATTR instead of
    ENOSYS (which causes a core dump).

    I will bring in all the dummy calls and that ought to solve the
    problem.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>