Re: Standards Conformance

From: Jason Smethers <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 02:18:22 -0600

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
The Single UNIX Specification is the most important standard, it supersedes
POSIX. Unix2003 would be nice too, but I don't know if there is public
documentation for it or wether we have to pay for it.

Another important point is supporting the useful parts of the extended API
of glibc and the *BSD libc/libutil.

Joerg

This brings up the question. What do we want to do in reguards to conformance to multiple specifications? Should all of them be listed, or should a "best one" be picked?

- Jason