using cvswrappers

From: "George Georgalis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 18:27:53 -0500

I've seen the effect of cvswrappers, but can't figure out what I need to
know to implement version headers in CVS files.

for example, where/when/how are tags generated?

# $FreeBSD: src/etc/periodic/weekly/310.locate,v 1.4.2.2 2000/09/20 02:46:17 jkh Exp $
# $DragonFly: src/etc/periodic/weekly/310.locate,v 1.2 2003/06/17 04:24:48 dillon Exp $

There are a lot if details that are unclear, like keeping only the
current or relevant version line in the file (vs a new header being
added at each checkin) or insuring the proper comment identifier is
used according to the file type, etc.

I presume a chunk of the task is manual, but how can that be if it is
during checkin?  What I'd like to see is an example or doc of a working
system, but I've not been able to find anything specific. Are these
typically executed by users or from the CVSROOT?

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@xxxxxxxxx