cvsweb and checkout

From: "George Georgalis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 02:06:36 -0500

In setting up a pository to include cvsweb access, I've
discovered the apache process requires write access to the
CVSROOT.

I'm not sure why "download" _requires_ a cvs checkout, and
I have a hard time imaging how it would be useful (for one,
there is no checkin option that I can find). I would really
prefer to give cvsweb readonly access to the CVSROOT. Is
there a way for that?

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@xxxxxxxxx