Re: gcc34 -- To thunk or not to thunk?

From: Andrew Atrens <atrens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:25:02 -0400

walt wrote:

> Since the mozilla-devel port won't compile with gcc2 lately I've
> been trying to use gcc34.  The problem is that the code wants to
> know whether the compiler 'thunks', and uses the ostype/platform
> name to decide the question so it can set these variables:
>
> #define CFRONT_STYLE_THIS_ADJUST
> #else
> #define THUNK_BASED_THIS_ADJUST
> #endif
>
> Well, mozilla doesn't know about DFly yet, so I need to know
> how to set the variable above.  I've tried both settings and
> mozilla compiles okay but segfaults either way :o/
>
> Any ideas?

A workaround I use is to add one line to the top of /usr/include/osreldate.h

#define __FreeBSD__ 4

and then in any mozilla file using a __FreeBSD* macro I add a

#include <osreldate.h>

as the first line of the file.

It works, but it's just a simple-minded workaround. The right solution, I
think, is to __DragonFly__ ifify the mozilla source, and ideally, get those
changes merged back up into the mozilla project.

Andrew.