Re: port problems after update to DragonFly_Stable

From: Marco Righele <marco_righele@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 20:04:11 +0000

walt wrote:

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Marco Righele wrote:

cc -c -O -pipe -march=athlon...

It appears you are using gcc34, is this correct?  I don't really
understand all the implications, but just as a test you might try
adding 'NO_CPU_COPTFLAGS=yes' to your make.conf and see if it makes
any difference.
Yes it was gcc34, but I get the same result with both compilers, even without cpu flags as you suggested, with the GENERIC kernel

If your computer explodes, I was never here ...

No explosions so far :D. As usual, maybe I just messed up things, but I think it's pretty hard to mess something as simple as a "make buildworld ; make buildkernel" :).
At the moment, my make.conf contains the following:

CPUTYPE=k7
CCVER?=gcc34
CFLAGS=-Os -pipe
COPTFLAGS=-O -pipe
STRIP=	-s
X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg

PERL_VER=5.8.5
PERL_VERSION=5.8.5
PERL_ARCH=mach
NOPERL=yo
NO_PERL=yo
NO_PERL_WRAPPER=yo

Note that the system works just fine, I was just wondering why this happens: am I the only one seeing this behaviour ?

Marco