Re: Looking at giving DF a go... advice?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 15:04:48 -0700 (PDT)

:Well I booted the live cd again like I said  would, the backlight goes off
:when I close the lcd.. so that's ok. However, when I tried to load my sound
:driver, t4dwave, I got a panic :(. On the bright side of things, I do
:believe this is the AGP problem I had with FreeBSD, so it should be as
:simple as patching agp_ali.c
:
:I've posted a couple of times to try and get the patch included in FreeBSD
:but never got any replies as far as I am aware. If I attempt an install of
:DF and see if the patch works, would anyone here be interested in taking a
:look at it and possibly getting it included in the tree? Would you like the
:panic message? Alot of typing, but if you're interested i'll gladly type it
:up.

    EMail me the patch or the URL reference to the PR and I'll take a look
    at it.

    Go ahead and email me the panic message too, and if you have a DDB>
    backtrace that would be useful too, but otherwise don't worry about
    (you can just retest with your patch to see if that fixes it).

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>