Re: Problems while trying to update DFBSD

From: Benedikt Mrüller <mad_mueller@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 20:36:26 +0200

Thanks, but I think Matthew found already the reason.

walt wrote:

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Benedikt Mrüller wrote:

Okay, my ktrace-output is a bit unlogical.
You can take a look at it here:
http://madserver.kicks-ass.org/data/dfbsd/txt_ktrace.out

Silly me :(  I never noticed that make has a debugging flag -d which
will give you all that infomation without ktrace.  E.g. make -dd will
give you pretty much what I was looking for, and -dA will give you
more than you want, but is very interesting!

Perhaps the Makefile in /usr/src is the problem.
It is located here:
http://madserver.kicks-ass.org/data/dfbsd/Makefile

It's exactly the same as mine.

Especially this line is interesting:
MAKE=	PATH=${PATH} make -m *${.CURDIR}/share/mk* -f Makefile.inc1

This tells make to use the sys.mk in your /usr/src/share/mk directory
instead of /usr/share/mk, which may well be your problem because your
ktrace shows that make did indeed find the one in /usr/share/mk before
the error happens.

The sys.mk in my /usr/src/share is identical to the one in /usr/share,
what about yours?