Port getent(1) from FreeBSD

From: Matthias Schmidt <schmidtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:01:58 +0100

Hi everybody,

I was installing LDAP on DragonFly and noticed that getent [1] is missing. It is a very handy tool to see which password entries, groups etc are available.

I copied over the tool from the FreeBSD source and changed only two lines to make it compile. See attached diff. Maybe its worth to be included into DragonFly?!?

Regards,

Matthias

[1] http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=getent&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+7.0-RELEASE&format=html