Re: unbreak individual module building

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:02:12 -0800 (PST)

:
:On Sun, November 12, 2006 2:38 pm, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
:>    This allows us to omit pure forwarding header files.  It also means
:>    that ALL sources must access platform or cpu architecture headers
:>    via <machine/*.h> or risk becoming a porting nightmare when we expand
:>    to other cpu architectures.
:
:After this file shuffle, is it going to be worthwhile to port to other
:architectures?  It'd be nice, especially since pkgsrc is already
:cross-platform.

    The work is primarily to support the virtual kernel build, but I have
    an eye towards other architectures at the same time.

    I would say only about 30% of the cleanup is done.  There are still a
    large number of mechanisms that are in the platform architecture tree
    that should either be in the cpu architecture tree or should be in
    machine-independant files.  I am cleaning things up as I go.

    VKERNEL now compiles and links against libc, but of course there are
    many missing symbols.  I still have a huge amount of work to do.
    Kernel support for virtual kernel operations is almost done.   The
    hard part... the 'MMU' emulation works.  Context switching works.
    Traps and exceptions still need work.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>