Re: motd update

From: David Cuthbert <dacut@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:30:18 -0500

Erik Paulsen Skaalerud wrote:
I don't see why the uname output should be in motd. Every sysadmin out there
knows how to use uname if they want to see what OS/version its running.

I've wondered about this myself. I've thought it to be a small security risk -- basically, advertising which vulnerabilities this system is (likely) to be susceptible to.