Re: DragonFly 3.4 release planning

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:18:55 -0500

On 03/29/13 16:15, Francois Tigeot wrote:
>> * Anything remaining that people want to commit to DragonFly
>
> Binaries in /bin and /sbin are compiled statically, which makes them unusable
> with NSS modules.
> This is IMHO the biggest remaining issue with this release.

Just curious - hasn't this been the case for some time?
And if so / not - why did this become an issue for you now?

Not taking one side or another, just wondering about more background info,
though I do seem to recall a rather strong position taken *against*
dynamic /bin /sbin in this project when FreeBSD switched to dynamic
builds in the freebsd ~6.x-7.x era

Cheers,

- Chris