Re: GSOC : a filesystem indexer

From: Justin Sherrill <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:09:07 -0400

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 9:25 PM, Joris GIOVANNANGELI
<joris.giovannangeli@ens.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Let me introduce myself : I'm a French student at the ENS in Paris, I use
> Linux everyday for two free years, and dragonfly (due to lack of intel sandy
> bridge video drivers) in a vm on my laptop. I first look at the code of
> dragonfly because of Hammer, and loved it. That's why I now want to get
> involve. If I was accepted at gsoc, I would do it as part as an internship
> for my degree.
>
> I want to work on the filesystem indexer

Breaking down your description into individual weeks would be good, to
get a better handle on just how complex this will be.  You mention
possibly two different new tools in your descriptions - that's going
to be handy, but if the first one isn't working well or requires
unplanned work, you will start the second with a time handicap.