Re: Merry X-Mas and 3.0 release after the holidays - date not yet decided

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 10:20:32 -0800 (PST)

    For me the question is whether we can say a particular X.0 release is
    significantly memorable or not, and why (SMP).  I think this one will
    be memorable.

    We only do two releases a year.  If we did four (which I am NOT
    suggesting) then I might bump the major version every year and be done
    with it.  But with only two a year a major version bump should be
    based on something memorable.

    I'm not a fan of infinite sub-version release numbering.