2.12 release plan

From: Justin Sherrill <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 20:53:53 -0400

Here's what I'm thinking, since I'm trying to learn the release
process for 2.12:

pkgsrc-2011Q3 is due out October 2nd.  That day, I branch 2.12.0.

We wait about 2 weeks for new binary packages, and any remaining
additions to 2.12, which at this point could be a fix for bug 2134
(sdiff overflow) and any GSOC commits.  All other noted bugs are clear
at this point, from bug 2135.

October 15th, assuming the binary packages are done or nearly done, we
release 2.12.1.

Does this work for everyone?  If we don't want to wait for binary
packages, we could release a lot sooner.