Re: git: Kernel ELF: Restore legacy FreeBSD brand

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:05:36 -0700 (PDT)

:seems like they are changed on installworld (mtime changed);
:anyway they aren't removed on upgrade ('make upgrade'),
:so all hosts which has been source upgraded for a few years will have file.
:
: -thomas

    I think that's in line with what we want.  If things move around we
    delete the old binaries and libraries but if libraries get out of date
    and are no longer built we generally let the originals stand when the
    system is upgraded so any installed third-party programs which depend
    on them still run.

					<dillon@backplane.com>