Re: booting with usb keyboard hangs system

From: Babu Chaliyath <babu.chaliyath@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 10:26:11 +0530

<snip>
>> Doesn't look very usb'ish, does it? I guess it's your BIOS emulating an
>> AT keyboard, try checking your CMOS configuration for related settings.
> Good catch. The UHCI driver (which should be used when EHCI is disabled
> on an Intel board) only seems to set the LEGSUP (== Legacy Support)
> register on resume.
> This register is responsible for handling 8042 emulation (together with
> some SMM code) from USB keyboard events.
>

> Patrick

So you are suggesting the kernel is loading an incorrect driver/
handling  usb keyboard event wrongly? Or I did not understand what you
explained?
See I dont see something wrong this keyboard or MOBO as I am able to
use FreeBSD or any linux distribution on this which works very smooth.
Hmmm.. still I would love to get this installed on the system and try
to see how DFBSD performs as Gateway/Proxy for my network and what are
the advanges I am going to get from DFBSD

Babu