Re: booting with usb keyboard hangs system

From: Babu Chaliyath <babu.chaliyath@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 10:23:41 +0530

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Babu Chaliyath
> <babu.chaliyath@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Babu Chaliyath
>> <babu.chaliyath@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi List,
>>> I am trying to install Dragonfly BSD 2.10 on a server board ( Intel
>>> S3420GP Mobo) system but it hangs while booting the installation CD,
>>> issue looks to be the USB keyboard I am using, this system doesnt have
>>> ps/2 port for me to see any problem with system. Ofcoz I tried
>>> installing freebsd 8.1, 8.2 without any issues so I am stuck now as I
>>> wanted to try out DFBSD in this system.
>>><snip>
>
> First try booting with SMP kernel
>
> If it still does not work, keep using SMP kernel but try disabling
> ehci in loader prompt by:
> set hint.ehci.0.disabled="1"
>
> Best Regards,
> sephe
>
> --
> Tomorrow Will Never Die

Hi Sephe,
Thanx for the reply but I found very strange that selecting the "boot
with SMP kernel" option from boot menu of the CD repeats the Boot menu
option display again and again, its not actually selecting SMP kernel
and booting the system with it, so I am suspecting some issue with
Boot CD, I am downloading the Live GUI DVD and going to try booting
off the system with it and see if that helps. Also ehci disabling
didnt helped too. Will post the result of DVD GUI booting soon. Never
faced such issue with any other OS on that system as I said even the
8.0 FreeBSD installation CD works without any issues.

thanx & Regards
Babu