|From:||Stéphanie Ouillon <stephanie@xxxxxxxxx>|
|Date:||Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:54:28 +0200|
My project is to port virtio device drivers from NetBSD to DragonFly BSD, so that when DragonFly is a KVM guest, it gets better performances. Some work was already done by Tim Bisson and Pratyush Kshirsagar.
2) The network device driver exists at the state of a skeleton of driver. It needs to be completed, and tested.
3) The memory ballooning driver has to be completely ported.
1) Read documentation about some notions (dma, mbuf, I/O routines, ...) to understand the NetBSD code. Read about device drivers implementation in FreeBSD.
2) Get used with virtio specifications.
3) The block device driver has already been ported to DragonFly and it has been tested: it may be a good starting point to get used with this code in order to see how to deal with virtio specifications and some differences between NetBSD and DragonFly BSD.
After this phase of documentation, I think I will have a better undertanding of some key points of the virtio drivers.
Le 27/04/11 17:58, Pratyush Kshirsagar a écrit :