About GSoC

From: Brills Peng <brillsp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 11:14:57 +0800

Hello, all:
I am a junior CS student who want to apply for DragonFly BSD's GSoC projects.
On the ideas list, I find projects related to filesystems and disks quite
interesting and want to have a try on one of them, but I do not know how to
start because it's the most huge and complicated software I have ever met,
although I think I meet the prerequisites listed on the wiki page.

I think I need a VM to run DragonflyBSD and it is easy to programme on the
userland, but I have no idea how to programme and debug with the kernel. Do
you have a toolchain that supports cross building the kernel and debugging
from outside a VM? Or this can be done in the OS?

Brills Peng