Re: Time to let go of ipfilter

From: Francois Tigeot <ftigeot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 09:23:12 +0100

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 06:43:19PM +1100, Edward O'Callaghan wrote:
> From what I have seen of NPF and how it is more in-line with some of
> DF's MP goals and is very neatly written for MP, I would say it would
> make a worthy PF successor.

I agree NPF seems very promising; howewer it has no support for IPv6
yet.
This is a really big show-stopper: we're only weeks (days ?) from
depletion of the central IPv4 pool, and after that APNIC and RIPE pools
will almost certainly not last until the end of the year.

Without IPv6 support, NPF would be almost useless.

--
Francois Tigeot