Re: Changing pf to use kmalloc instead of zalloc

From: Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:58:28 +0800

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:31:34 +0100, Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
> wrote:
>> I created a patch set that will convert pf to use kmalloc instead of
>> zalloc (with an intermediate step to use objcache).
>
> Forgot the link to my repo:
> http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/~lentferj/dragonfly.git/shortlog/refs/heads/pf44

If I understand the code correctly, you are setting the
pf_pool_limits[].pp to NULL in pfattach(), since you commented out the
ZONE_CREATE parts, well, all xxx_pl is by default NULL.  So the ioctl
actually hi the pf_pool_limits[].pp == NULL, and EINVAL is returned.

kmalloc also has its own limit, you could use kmalloc_raise_limit() to
configure it.

Best Regards,
sephe

--