Re: More pf work

To: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt.dfly@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:36:25 +0100

On 11/18/2010 6:27, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 12:15:39AM +0100, Jan Lentfer wrote:
Am 17.11.2010 23:49, schrieb Samuel J. Greear:
It has been my experience that panic loops are typically caused by
calling a null function pointer. Turning off break to debugger will
get you a real trace in this case.

It would be great if someone who was more comfortable with kdb and
etc. could take a look at my patch on the tracker related to this.

That backtrace looks strange to me:

It appears that the panic is somewhere inside pf.ko, so you need the symbols for that module; there's an instruction on how to obtain them:

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/developer/KmodDebugging/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think asf is needed anymore since kgdb will load the data by itself for some while now (as can be seen in the output too).

Sascha