Re: Pkgsrc bulk mailing list?

From: Max Herrgard <herrgard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 09:45:53 +0100

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 3:32 AM, Justin C. Sherrill
<justin@shiningsilence.com> wrote:
> On Wed, November 3, 2010 9:53 pm, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
>>
>>> I've built up about 175 bulk build reports over the past little while.
>>> If we had a mailing list for it, people could watch to see the state
>>> of the bulk builds instead of waiting for me to reformat and remail them.
>>>
>>> Would having a mailing list for this be useful to people?  The reports
>>> are already available at avalon.dragonflybsd.org/reports, but they're
>>> somewhat buried because of the way they are produced.
>>

>> You mean different than
>>
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/tindex.html
>>
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/oindex.html
>
> I've sent reports to the pkgsrc-bulk list, and nothing ever seems to come
> from that.  DragonFly people frequently ask me about how the builds are
> going, so I'd like to bring it up.  I suppose I could keep trying.

I think the reports should go to the NetBSD pkgsrc-bulk lists so
NetBSD people see how it's going. And maybe a link on the DragonFly
homepage to those archives.

For us, wouldn't a weekly mail to kernel@ with the last reports be
enough? If it can be automated that is. Don't want to make you
reformat and manually mail them :)

Max