Re: virtio Device testing

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 09:42:50 -0700 (PDT)

:Hi All,
:
:And if i try to rebuild the module after some changes, it complains
:about not finding forwarder_i386 (broken link). Then I have to re-clean
:the directory, put the module code there and start over. Is it always
:the case that these links are made to the sys directories for compiling
:modules ? My module code is in the sys/dev directory in any case.
:
:Thanks,
:Abhishek.

    'make clean' should clean the temporary files out of the directory
    for you, have you tried that?

    Incremental building should work.  That is, if I go into some random
    module in the source tree and type 'make', then edit one of the C files
    and type 'make' again, it does seem to work.

    If you would like a leaf.dragonflybsd.org account to make it easier
    to put materials up for other developers to play with / test you
    can send your desired username and ssh public key to me via private
    email.

					<dillon@backplane.com>