Re: Updating PF to OpenBSD Release 4,1

From: Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 19:49:04 +0200

Chris Turner schrieb:

If you're not already.. I'd suggest keeping a copy of both
OpenBSD source trees - because there's both OpenBSD internal changes you'll need to understand, and dragonfly ones..

Yes, I have that. And meld's 3-way diff really turns out to be big help for such a work.

Also - why 4.1 and not 4.6?
Because after 4.1 they changed a lot of other internals, e.g. added a structure to mbuf->pktheader
(http://grok.x12.su/source/xref/openbsd/sys/sys/mbuf.h#m_pkthdr#104). At the end this turns out to be what the doubling in pf performance comes from and my final goal is to go there (and finally 4.6 or 4.7). But for now I think 3+something years of patches is a big enough task already.