Re: FreeBSD SUJ

From: "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgshield-freebsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 16:58:52 +0000

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Jeff's SUJ work is for UFS I believe, and is heavily integrated into
    softupdates.  It is a partial solution to UFS's fsck issue which, with
    some more work, could potentially become a full solution.

    We basically do not use UFS any more except for /boot or on very small
    drives.  HAMMER is used for anything bigger than 50G or so.

    I stopped bringing in UFS stuff several years ago (prior to the UFS
    snapshots and background fsck) and I really don't want to bring in
    those pieces.  What we have now is nice and stable and I don't want
    to mess with it.

-Matt

Well ...

SUJ has brought some fixes to softupdates, besides ...
Sometimes there are advantages in having more than one filesystem ;-).

Pedro.