Re: Google Summer of Code idea

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:47:06 -0400

On Mon, March 29, 2010 8:20 am, Dmitry Stephantsov wrote:

> I've looked on the page:
> http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/developer/gsoc2010/ and found some
> interesting ideas, but I have my own. Since this E-mail address (
> kernel@crater.dragonflybsd.org) mentioned on the page frequently, I've
> decided to send the letter to it.

These are all interesting ideas - you may want to reference them in IRC -
#dragonflybsd on EFNet.  Depending on who's online at the time, you may be
able to get immediate feedback.  There's certainly no requirement to use
one of the suggested projects.

However, the application period for Summer of Code started today.  I'd
advise picking the most enjoyable-looking idea and putting in an
application.  If it grabs a mentor the same way, it will work out.