Re: RE: bugtracker switch

From: Francois Tigeot <ftigeot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:43:03 +0200

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 03:25:03PM +0100, Alex Hornung wrote:
> : The only important issue I could see, is that email addresses are not
> : obfuscated on the users page.
>
> Well, most spambots probably know by now how to un-obfuscate something along
> the lines of user AT bla DOT com. In any case our current bugtracker does
> the same if you click on any user:
> http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/user
>
> It would be possible to change the way the mail addresses are shown, but I'm
> not sure this would change anything in reality. In any case user data is
> only accessible for registered users.

This is unfortunately not the case: I've not signed in with the redmine
interface and I can see users full email addresses, complete with mailto:
urls.

http://atun-pistolero.ath.cx:3000/users/281

> What kind of obfuscation did you have in mind?

Nothing in particular, just not showing the complete email address.

The mailing list archives replace the domain name with a series of x for
example:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/bugs/2010-03/msg00058.html

--
Francois Tigeot