[DragonFly devel] GSoc 2010: VFS Quota System

From: Nitish Sharma <sharmanitishdutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:48:18 +0100

Hi all ,
I am a Computer Science student and highly interested in making contribution to DragonFly BSD project throught GSoc 2010. I have a good experience in C, by the work I've done in GNU/Linux kernel development, and right now I am working with a group on Android kernel development. I also have, relatively less as compared to C, experience in C++, Java and python.
After browsing through the ideas, two of them interested me the most:
1. VFS quota system.
2. Port FUSE to DragonFlyBSD.
I have reasonable knowledge of filesystems and OS internals.
Please guide and suggest me that what would be a good plan of action to go forward with the projects and which one would be most suitable considering the current demands of DragonflyBSD. Also, should I personally contact the mentors given in Meta information of the idea or mailing list would do ?

Regards
Nitish