Re: Port DragonFly to Xen platform

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:07:11 -0400

On Tue, March 23, 2010 4:28 pm, Sylvestre Gallon wrote:

> Ok, do I send patches even if the code is not to be implemented in the
> tree, first ?

Unified diff patches (diff -u) will work.  Patches are good because then
other people can test your changes, and/or comment on them.  Send them to
submit@dragonflybsd.org (another mailing list)

DragonFly uses Git, so you can have your own local checkout of DragonFly
with your changes, and then make that available so that people can check
out the code separately.  If you haven't been using a decentralized VCS
like Git before, it may be a bit of learning, but reactions seem to be
universally positive after the initial learning curve.

> Do  you prefer big commits with big enhancements, or little ones with
> detailed description for all the things I am going to change ?

It's up to you, but smaller patches make life easier.

> OK I will start to write a proposal, Do you know if I can submit it,
> just to check, to someone from the dragonfly team ? Or if I can post
> the proposal on this mailling list ?

Here on the mailing list is good, or post it somewhere and get comments on
IRC.  Or both.