DragonFly BSD
DragonFly kernel List (threaded) for 2010-03
[Date Prev][Date Next]  [Thread Prev][Thread Next]  [Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: linux emulation update

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 13:58:30 -0500

On Tue, March 9, 2010 9:42 am, Alex Hornung wrote:
> The question here is if the update should be committed before the release
> is tagged or not. While things have been fairly stable for me, it's a very
> extensive update and it's likely that I've missed something somewhere. I'm
> not sure if it would be appropriate to commit such a big change without
> proper testing for possibly several months. If the consensus is that this
> should go in for the release, I would probably commit it within a week or
> so, as I'm still working on it. If not I'd commit it just after the
> release
> date.
> Any opinions?

I'd really like to see it in.  However, I don't want to damage the
release.  Are we really able to use the linuxulator for anything at this
point?  If the damage would be confined to linux emu, and it's not working
anyway, then there's no reason to hold off.

[Date Prev][Date Next]  [Thread Prev][Thread Next]  [Date Index][Thread Index]