firmware discussion

From: Joe Talbott <josepht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:11:53 -0500

Hi all,

I'd like to open a discussion regarding our firmware API.  What are
people's thoughts on FreeBSD's firmware API?  Is it worth the effort
to import FreeBSD's API, or are there not so many drivers using
loadable firmware?  My personal feeling is that we should do whatever
we can to make porting drivers as easy as possible.

Thanks,
Joe