Re: kern.hz?

From: Emil Mikulic <emikulic@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 14:49:43 +1100

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 12:45:56PM +1000, elekktretterr@exemail.com.au wrote:
> Apparently a lot of people using FreeBSD use this to get semi-decent IO
> performance in vmware. Do we have an equivalent for this feature?

IO performance?

I tune it down (from FreeBSD's default of 1000) in order to reduce the
amount of CPU being used by the various timer interrupts when VMs are
[otherwise] idle.

IIRC DragonFlyBSD has HZ=100 by default and at some point FreeBSD
started detecting that it's being virtualized and tuning HZ down
without the user having to do it in /boot/loader.conf