Re: bad awk output on vkernel

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:16:32 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Hello.
:Am I only one, or is anyone else seeing this problem too?
:I don't remember when, but running `make buildworld' in vkernel stopped
:working a few months ago.  It always fails while it's building gcc4.4
:in _gcc44_tools.  I managed to narrow down to an awk script in gcc producing
:inconsistent output, here's the script which can reproduce the behavior:

    gcc4.4 was only added recently, but your script seems to messing
    around with gcc4.1 so its a bit confusing.

I think he only mistyped 44. The shell code only references 41, and it seems to imply that awk is producing a different output sometimes.

cheers
 simon