Re: Wishlist for unfrozen base

From: "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:31:39 +0000

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> Hasso Tepper wrote:
>> * introduce stubs for stuff not in libc_r - barriers, spinlocks and
>> some   more
> Will that be sufficient, will it work?

Doesn't libthread_xu implement at least barriers already?

Also, I guess you already know I dislike the GPLv3, but there's no way
around it; 4.1 and 4.2 are becoming stale (e.g. no OpenMP support). I
don't see any true production-quality alternative yet (clang-llvm and
pcc are making progress, but not there yet), I agree that making the
move to GCC 4.3.3 (or perhaps jump directly to 4.4.0?) is a good idea
(and can't be avoided).

Cheers,
--
	Thomas E. Spanjaard