Dragonfly BSD and virtual machine | GSoC 09 ...

From: Dipak Chirmade <dipchi09@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:21:57 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,
       This is Dipak. This is my 1st post on dragonflybsd :)
       I'm thinking about two ideas for GSoC 09. Out of which one is posted on your(I'm sorry, OUR) gsoc 09 page and one isn't.

       Posted one: Porting Valgrind, Is it possible for anyone to explore and tell me what might be extra effort one need to do to port it to DragonFly? Atleast some points so that I can get start. Or you can redirect me to some reading materials | [posts etc.

       Other idea (non posted one) : (Serial/RS232)Terminal library | debugger.
       You may be knowing that these days, bsd is capturing embedded area too. I wanted to make terminal library that one can use very handly to connect to any mini/sbc(single board computer)/embedded module | device  etc. e.g. lets say we want to test GSM module. In this case using serial library one can interact with GSM within mins. No need to write all terminal related code. Also one can debug device attached to serial port using special fuctions remotely. This is very useful as debuging onboard has some restriction because of both space and time complexity.
       One can use this library to recover dead bricked devices at some stage too.

       Is there anyone help me to refined my ideas? Any kind of suggestions are welcome.
       Thanks already!

--
Dipak Chirmade,
Student,