git repo mirroring

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 23:24:38 +0100

Hey,

this is just a note to all people mirroring the git repo, and those who want to tidy their source repos:

Recently we had a small accident which led to another branch being created in our repo. No big deal, that's very cheap. Now that I cleaned the branch from the repo it turned out that chlamydia wasn't syncing this removal of the branch.

This is because I was only running "git remote update". This however is not sufficient to track all changes (i.e. branch removals) from the remote. You will have to augment your sync scripts to run

git remote prune $(git remote)

in addition to

git remote update

Please update your sync scripts, because I am sure this won't be the last time that we want to delete a head from the repo.

cheers
  simon

--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /