Re: New year, new site, new wiki

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:59:21 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, January 7, 2009 10:40 am, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

> I think Matt thinks of people editing the main web site via the browser
> and not exclusively via git.  I second this - I'm way more reluctant to
> get a shell out and hack wiki syntax into a text file and commit and push
> and whatnot versus clicking on a button and changing the text directly in
> the browser.

Yeah, I'm finding that being able to edit pages in vim or parse with a
perl script is helpful, but I end up going to the web page editor just
because of the 'Preview' button.

Anyone listed as a 'superuser' for the web logins is able to edit any page
despite the restrictions; we could add people to that role if they want to
be able to access the site.  There may be more exact ways to do it.