Re: Repository changes coming up

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:26:20 +0100

Sepherosa Ziehau schrieb:
Should we import certain version of git into base system?

The packages on the LiveCD are supplied by us and are stored in a special directory on pkgbox, so we wouldn't risk anything (for new installs).

People who upgrade (as opposed to a new install) would have to git themselves in this scenario, so there is a potential risk for someone installing a incompatible or otherwise broken git from latest pkgsrc or so.

A possible solution would be to recommend that our "official" git is the one taken for the LiveCD from pkgbox, and people using other versions proceed at their own risk.

The "foolproof" solution would be to import it into base.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx