Re: HAMMER update 11-June-2008

From: "Dmitri Nikulin" <dnikulin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:48:38 +1000

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Matthew Dillon
<dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
> (Lots of awesome things)

This is really great to hear. Making a new filesystem from scratch is
hard enough already, and you've done it quite successfully on your
own, within the limitations of the current DragonFly kernel. I dearly
hope this gets even higher mindshare than DragonFly itself, because it
obviously has the potential to be highly useful on other systems as
well.

By the way, have you looked into POHMELFS? I don't know if it's really
the same kind of design as HAMMER, but it does solve some similar
problems and is also a pretty strong performer.

--
Dmitri Nikulin

Centre for Synchrotron Science
Monash University