Re: HEADS UP - Another media change for HAMMER

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 21:30:53 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Again, I can't promise there wont be more changes.  I want to get it
    right before the official release.

How about having a "version" field in the superblock and if we want to change the media layout, we'd just have to supply a tool which changes the filesystem from the old format into the new format. This way we could keep on changing the layout without having to worry too much about incompatible changes. I'd hate to be forced to use an inferior format, just because we might already have a user base using it.

cheers
  simon