Re: HEADS UP - Final HAMMER on-disk structural changes being made today

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 21:07:13 -0700 (PDT)

:Is cat /dev/random > /mnt/hammer/test still gonna trash the file system when
:it runs out of space or have you fixed it already?
:
:Cheers,
:Great work Matt, Cant wait to reinstall my boxes with Hammer instead of UFS.
:
:Petr

    For testing, right now, don't fill it up.  It will blow up.

    The filesystem full handling is the last bit I have to work on.  It
    basicall comes down to estimating the resources required by cached
    elements in order to guarantee that a sync will always succeed without
    running out of space.

					<dillon@backplane.com>