Re: FairQ ALTQ for PF - Patch #2

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 17:13:33 -0700 (PDT)

:    (1) I'm using keep state, not synproxy.  Is PF still attempting to do
:	window sequence space comparisons and dropping packets if they do
:	not match?  If it is, do you know where in the code that is
:	(I've been staring at it a while trying to find just such a
:	comparison but not having a whole lot of luck).

    Wait, I think I found it.  I think the DROP is handled by the else
    clause around line 4030 of pf.c (in the DragonFly code).  I'm not
    entirely sure.

    It looks like it will be easy to flag state creation without a SYN
    and have it ignore sequence space comparisons for that case.