Re: FairQ ALTQ for PF - Patch #2

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 16:23:07 -0700 (PDT)

::For some reason, since a week ago, your servers have been unreachable to
::Linux clients. The problem can be temporarily bypassed by setting the
::Linux sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling to 0
::
::--
::Robert Luciani
:
:    It's got to be something PF (packet filter) is doing.  I was using a
:    Cisco with the T1.  I'm using a DFly box running PF with the DSL line.
:    I'm trying to track it down.
:

    I believe I have found an applicable patch in NetBSD's CVS.  I have
    applied it to my router.  Please try from a linux box again (with
    window scaling turned on) and tell me if it's fixed.

					<dillon@backplane.com>