Re: PCI Bios / Interrupt remapping / etc

From: "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 13:14:28 +0000

Chris Turner wrote:

Doing a bit of digging here for my long-standing CBB+SIO interupt and buffer problem -

one machine I've tested against was an OpenBSD machine, which didn't
always work to handle the cardbus sio card on a PCI cardbus adapter

-

tuning up some of the device flags in:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=pcibios&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html

seems to have alleviated the problem for that os..

I'm just only starting to get up to speed on how DF handles these types of things (namely initial PIC / interrupt layout at boot time device enumeration), but am wondering if anyone familiar with this area of the code has any comments / advice w/r/t the capabilities of the DF bios drivers
and the various quirks / fixup mentioned in the link above..

looking to possibly investigate fixing up some of these issues over time.

Our code that handles issues like this (in cases where you're not using APICs, just PICs and PIRs) lives in bus/pci/i386/. Not that running without APIC support is all that common on modern machines anymore...
--
Thomas E. Spanjaard
tgen@netphreax.net