Re: HAMMER update 23-Feb-2008

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dfly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:32:19 +0900

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 11:05:13AM +0900, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 02:03:45PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
> >     Ok, I found it.  It's a live-loop in the deadlock handling code.
> >     I'm tracking it down now and should get it fixed today.
>
> Hehe, as always -- you fix things before I could even get a chance
> to reply; I'll try the committed version later today.

Ok, it's pretty stable now!  I only tried on an SMP kernel running
on VMware, but at least several runs of the following tests can't
crash HAMMER anymore:
 - blogbench -d /mnt/HAMMER
 - cpdup /usr/pkgsrc/. /mnt/HAMMER/.

The only thing I noticed was messages like below appeared all
over the console:
  Warning: vfsync_bp skipping dirty buffer 0xc13ab924

but I see this one on a UFS filesystem too, so I think I don't need to
worry much about it.

Cheers.