Re: dma user config

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:18:48 -0800 (PST)

:hey,
:
:thinking about it, I don't think we should have a per-user config for dma=
:=2E=20
:  It doesn't really work out when using aliases and forwarding.
:
:Example:
:
:some cron job running as "nobody" mails output.  You have an alias line
:
:nobody: myuser
:myuser: myrealuser@example.com
:
:now if you have a smarthost in your per-user config, how should dma ever =
:
:access this file?  I don't want dma to be setuid root.
:
:Postfix and sendmail usually assume one smarthost and one user/password.
:
:cheers
:   simon

    That isn't a smarthost.  That's a forwarding address.  The MTA delivers
    to example.com using its config, either smarthosting it through some
    specifically configured smarthost like myrelay.mydomain.com or doing MX
    lookups and delivering it itself.