Re: Patch for inode SLIST conversion

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:28:14 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:That's the perfect solution!
:
:Patch appended. _lwkt_trytokref needs the same change, as it might :acquire the token as well. I think setting lastref = NULL in :lwkt_reltoken is also not absolutely neccessary, but it's not wrong
:either, so I did it.
:
:Regards,
:
: Michael

> [...]
This will require some surgery, would you like to have a go at it? Despite the work needed it won't actually complicate the code any more,
it's more on the order of a rearrangement.

Definitively :)

I am working on it. I had to become familiar with the LWKT scheduling code first. I like it's conceptual simplicity/elegance. While reading the code I noticed that one thing that makes the whole code harder to read is all those "#if SMP" lines. Everytime you have to flip a switch in your mind (my changes won't change that).

Regards,

Michael