Re: HAMMER filesystem update - design document

From: "Thomas Zander" <thomas.e.zander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 10:51:43 +0800

On 14/10/2007, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

>     Theoretically a transaction id can be stored along with the quota state
>     and the quota state can be updated on the fly when a cluster gets
>     recovered.  I wasn't planning on implementing quotas in HAMMER for 2.0
>     but it's definitely possible to do it without requiring a rescan.

Certainly I didn't mean to say that quota support for Hammer in 2.0
was the most important thing on earth. But as it is such a
feature-rich and modern filesystem approach, users will eventually
appreciate quota support at some stage of development.

I can't wait to test Hammer on my Pentium Pro box with 48M of RAM :-)

Riggs